refine is a React-based framework for the rapid ✨ development of CRUD web applications. It eliminates the repetitive tasks demanded by CRUD operations and provides industry standard solutions for critical parts like authentication, access control, routing, networking, state management, and i18n. refine shines on data-intensive applications like admin panels, dashboards, internal tools and storefronts.
We're proud to have reached thousands of developers who used refine in our first year, and we couldn't have done it without an open source community! To celebrate this achievement with the community, we are excited to announce the launch of the first hackathon event.
This hackathon is an excellent opportunity for developers to showcase their skills and learn refine!
You can win $1500 and a special gifts along with limited edition swag kits!
We can't wait to see what amazing projects the participants will build projects using refine.
Together with Open Source Community
refine draws its strength from the open-source community, and we are grateful to have the support of Strapi, Appwrite, Medusa, and Meilisearch which has significant contributions to the open source community.
It's worth noting that refine has built-in data provider support for Strapi, Appwrite, and Medusa. So we believe they will be excellent backend solutions for your hackathon project.
Strapi, Appwrite, Medusa, and Meilisearch will also be providing swag kits for the winners.
Hackathon Key Facts
- Enter as a solo or recruit a team of up to five and take part in this exciting hackaton!
- You have 4 weeks to build a cool Open Source project using refine.
- Build a refine project. It can be anything like CRUD app, admin panel, internal tool, forms, storefront, dashboard, library, data provider, auth provider, live provider, etc.
- The Hackathon begins at 9:00am PT Monday 23th January 2023
- Work on your project any time for the next 4 weeks
- Submission deadline (11:59pm PT Monday 23st February 2023)
- The winners will be announced on Monday 28th February 2023
There are 3 chances to win, there will be prizes for:
- Best Overall Project => $1500 in GitHub Sponsorship
- Most Visually Pleasing => $300 in GitHub Sponsorship
- Most Technically Impressive => $300 in GitHub Sponsorship
The all winners will get refine Special Swag Kit + Swag Kits from Strapi, Appwrite, Medusa, and Meilisearch!
- Submissions link: Please submit your project on refine Devpost Hackathon page
- Submission guidelines: Follow the guidelines in this repository
- Team size 1-5 (you cannot be in multiple teams).
- One submission per team.
- All code for your project must be created during the hackathon event.
- All entries must be Open Source.
- The apps must be built using refine.
The refine team will be taking part in the Hackathon and you'll find us live building in our Discord all week.
- Join us in our Discord to get help, ask questions, and share your progress.
- Forum channel: hackathon
- Follow us on Twitter for updates and announcements.
- Refer to refine GitHub repository
How are the prizes given?
- The winning repository for "Best Overall Project" category will receive a $1500 prize in the form of a GitHub sponsorship, which will consist of $500 per month for a period of 3 months. The aim of this prize is to provide funding to sustain the project and encourage its continued maintenance.
- The "Most Visually Pleasing" and "Most Technically Impressive" prizes will be given at one time.
What are the judging criteria?
- The Judges will be senior staff from the refine DevRel, Marketing and Engineering Teams.
- Judging criteria:
- Quality: It is evaluated based on its creativity and originality.
- Design: The design of the idea is judged based on its user experience and visual appeal.
- The technical implementation: It is assessed on how well the idea was executed by the developer and how effectively refine was used in the submission.
- You can step up to complete CRUD app tutorials to learn refine and how it works.
- You can take a look at real use case example projects built with refine to get an inspiration.
- refine 7/24 Discord Support Channel